Sunday, November 13, 2011

Define Yourself

Last night I went out with my friends.
On our way, one of my friend played a song using her phone. I just sat in the car, and listen.

Suddenly something came into my mind. "I don't have this type of song that she's playing in her playlist. Not even one". I wonder why. Maybe we have very different interest on music. Well, that's fine.

But this one idea just struck my brain. If we were asked to define ourself, how should we do it? Is it enough to describe your very own self using your own words? Describing yourself based on your interpretation may sometimes be misleading. That's what i think.

So, i thought in order to find about what type of person we are, we should do some investigations on ourself. Now we get back to the music thing. Maybe what we listen will reflect in some way, of who we are as a person.

So, I just do some random search in my head.
What songs do I have in my playlist?
When I'm on Youtube, what kind of channel do I subscribe to?
Movies. What genre of movie mostly I've downloaded?
What type of article, or blog, or webpage do I like to read on the internet?
And what kind of books do I choose to buy?(and hardly read them)

So, I can create a 'profile' of myself.


My not so brilliant head tells me that, all those fact could be some sort of indicator for me, to show what type of person I am. Yes, all of them are kinda intra-personal. Because those things, are things that I chose to do without the presence of others. It is between me, and myself. The place where I can be my true self.
I don't include my social life in my consideration. Also, facebook and twitter is out of the list. This is because, I realised that on presence of others, i may portray myself according to people's expectation. Not of who I really am.









So, when I start comparing 'my profile' and one of my ' friend profile', I think I'm able to tell what type of SOUL do I own.










THE END









p/s: too lazy to conclude

No comments: